This course provides practical examples that takes the latest research into inspiring boys to write and translates it into action.
- Eight ways boys learn best
- Seven needs boys have to write well
- Thirteen strategies to help boys write better
- Twenty Three specific writing tasks designed to make boys excel
All teachers of writing/English from grade 5 to year 12
Interactive sessions using kinaesthetic learning, group projects, live presentations
This course contributes to 5.0 professional development hours.
|08/06/2017||Sydney CBD||Places available||$364 + GST||Enrol Now|
1 hour and 30 minutes
A Whole School Approach
Finding what engages boys to want to write
Building Boys' writing self confidence
The Importance of Choice and Modelling
1 hour and 50 minutes
Strategies that Work #1
- Guys only
- Graphic Organisers
- Authentic Audiences and Purposes
- Talk, Sharing, Debate
- Real life and Hands on
- Direct instructions, visuals and a real world impact
1 hour and 40 minutes
Strategies that Work #2
- The Power of Humour
- The best use of ICTs especially for poor writers
- Saving writing for when it’s really needed – alternative stimuli
- Praising and utilising boys' worlds
- Being 'boy friendly'
- Utilising non-fiction
- Making great use of oral work to ironically improve writing
There are no reviews of this format at this time.
Australia wide Facilitator and Key note speaker for various Teacher Training providers in the Australian Curriculum, English, Writing, Drama and Debating.
Facilitator for G.A.T.E.WAYS gifted and talented students programs nationwide. Author of ‘Engaging Students in Drama’ Phoenix Education. Workshop presenter for VATE and Drama Victoria. My business runs seminars in Public Speaking, Leadership and Debating skills for students. I also run in school seminars for staff in the above plus English in the Australian Curriculum. Published Feature writer and poet.