Course is especially designed for those working in professional learning teams in their Schools in 2017.
Professional Learning Co-ordinators and Teacher Team Leaders. Plenty to transfer for all collaborative whole school models of PL.
This course is designed to address the needs of teacher-leaders working in professional learning teams. Learn with and from colleagues in different schools and similar roles.
This course contributes to 5.0 professional development hours.
|15/09/2017||Sydney CBD||Places available||$349 + GST||Enrol Now|
|10/11/2017||Sydney CBD||Places available||$349 + GST||Enrol Now|
1 hour and 50 minutes
In this session we examine the current expectations, opportunities and purposes for professional learning teams and community practice for schools. We examine the ways in which teacher’s learning is enhanced when it is both ‘job-embedded’ and structurally supportive.
• Professional learning landscape in education
• How teachers learn
• Creating supportive structures
All sessions are models of effective pedagogies for use with student and teacher learners.
1 hour and 40 minutes
This session is largely experiential as we look at the ways teams can operate to make teachers work more effective, efficient and enjoyable. Using effective team practice to focus teacher dialogue and develop teacher judgement.
• Empowering mind sets for teachers as learners
• Creating dynamic teams
• Effective teacher judgement and dialogue
1 hour and 30 minutes
Session Three requires participants to apply concepts from earlier session to identify the approach of individual leaders. Team leaders identify the strategies for creating and sustain effective learning teams that are ‘fit for purpose’ and lead to sustainable learning for teachers as individuals and teams.
• Teacher-Leader roles and purpose
• Sustaining PL project cycles
• Harvesting collaborative expertise
• Be an organisation of learners
There are no reviews of this format at this time.
Allison is TTA’s Professional Learning Manager for Onsite Services.
She works as a full time Learning Professional in education and training in Australia and internationally.
Allison designs and conducts school workshops in Student Engagement, Teacher Judgement and Building Collaborative Expertise in Schools.
Or have Allison work with you to create a consultancy especially for your school goal, staff.
As first and foremost an expert teacher and facilitator Allison has maintained her focus on teaching and learning, curriculum design and delivery and teacher quality from multiple perspectives.
Allison’s work with schools is informed also from her leadership and management background:
• Principal of Australian independent primary schools
• Consultant with the Association of Independent Schools NSW,
• Director of Tournament of Minds NSW,
• State President and Chair of Professional Development with the Independent Heads Associations NSW & Tas
• National Executive Member of Australian Primary Principals Association of Australia, APPA, for 6 years.
• School Evaluation Team Leader and Workshop leader for the International Baccalaureate in the Asia-Pacific region.
Allison has a B.Ed. and M.Ed. in Language and Learning and she is a Certified Professional Coach and MBTI Practitioner.
She founded, Learning Professional Consulting in 2012.